Rectification of Errors Problems and Solutions
Previous Lesson: Trial Balance Problems and Solutions
Next Lesson: Books of Accounts Problems and Solutions
Rectification of Errors Problems PDF Download
The following Trial Balance has been drafted by a book keeper for the preparation of final accounts of a Noman Ltd as on December, 2016. Re-draft the correctly:
>> Study Rectification of Errors detailed explanation, examples.
Make corrected Trial Balance after anticipating hidden errors for Star Ltd. Financial year for this company is July 1st, 2015 to June 30th, 20116:
Errors in Trial Balance:
- Machinery bought Rs. 3,000 posted to as Trade Mark account
- Credit sales of worth Rs. 1,200 was omitted to record in the book of original entry
- Repairs to Motor Van Rs. 1,500 have been debited to Motor Van account
- Unearned Sales of Rs. 15,000 was incorrectly credited to Sales Account
Following accounts are used for correction and adjusting the transactions.
Sales; Unearned Sales, Motor Van; Sundry Debtors; Motor Van Expense; Machinery; Trade Mark
>> Do Practice Rectification of Errors MCQs.
Rectify the following errors which are located in the books of Mr. Ahmed at end March, 2017:
(i) Sale of old furniture for Rs. 2,000 treated as sale of goods.
(ii) Rs. 12,000 paid of salary to cashier Mr. Naeem, stands debited to his personal account.
(iii) An amount of Rs. 5,000 withdrawn by the proprietor for his personal use has been debited to trade expenses a/c.
(iv) Cash received from Mr. Bilal Rs. 300 was credited to Mr. Baber.
(v) Repairs made were debited to building account Rs. 100.
(vi) Rs. 1,000 received as interest was credited to commission account.
(vii) Rs. 5,200 paid for the purchase of typewriter was charged to office expenses account.
>> Practice Journal Entry Problems and Solutions.
Give journal entries to rectify the following errors:
i. Purchase of goods from Mr. Raees amounting to Rs. 25,000 has been wrongly passed through the sales book.
ii. Credit sale of goods Rs. 30,000 to Mr. Anees has been wrongly passed through the purchases book.
iii. Sold old furniture for Rs. 3,500 passed through the sales book.
iv. Paid wages for the construction of Building debited to wages account Rs. 100,000.
v. The sales day book is undercast by Rs. 2,000.
vi. Paid Rs. 10,000 for the installation of Machinery debited to wages account.
vii. The purchases day book is undercast by Rs. 1,500.
Pass Rectification entries for the following transactions at end January, 2017:
1. Purchase of furniture for Rs. 615 passed through Purchase Book.
2. The motor car had been purchased for Rs. 3.400. Cash had been correctly credited but Motor Car account had been debited with Rs. 3,140 only.
3. Interest on deposits received Rs. 60 had been debited in cash account, but had been not credited to the interest account.
4. The balance in the Account Receivable_ Ali Rs. 100 had been written off as bad but no other account had been debited.
5. Rs. 7,700 paid for wages to workman for making showcases had been charged to wages account.
6. Bill Payable Book overcast by Rs. 500.
7. Goods purchased for proprietor’s use for Rs. 1,000 was debited to purchase account.
>>> Further study Adjusting Entries Problems and Solutions.
Rectification of Errors Examples
Rectification of Errors Questions
Rectification of Errors Format
Rectification of Errors Exam Questions
Rectification of Errors Exercises
Rectification of Errors Problems PDF
Mukharji, A., & Hanif, M. (2003). Financial Accounting (Vol. 1). New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
Narayanswami, R. (2008). Financial Accounting: A Managerial Perspective. (3rd, Ed.) New Delhi: Prentice Hall of India.
Ramchandran, N., & Kakani, R. K. (2007). Financial Accounting for Management. (2nd, Ed.) New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill.
Practice questions are designed very effectively for understanding of rectification of errors.
It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. Many thanks
Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what
a material! existing here at this website, thanks admin of this web site.
Hi there! I simply want to give you a big
thumbs up for the excellent info you have got right here on this
post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
Rectification of errors
Hello! Am very interested for ur contribution…so thanks and move ahead we are around.